About The Fahrenheit GLI
The Fahrenheit GLI was a special edition for the 2007 model year based on the standard GLI. Only available in the USA, the car had these features:
- 2.0T engine making 200 hp and 207 ft/lbs of torque
- Optional 6-speed DSG transmission with paddle shifting
- 18" Charleston wheels
- Same leather sports seats as in the GLI, heated
- One exterior colour: Fahrenheit Yellow
- "Fahrenheit" badge on rear hatch
- Fahrenheit yellow interior accent trim
- Fahrenheit yellow stitching on the floor mats, shift boot, brake handle and steering wheel
- Only 1,200 units for the USA.
- Cars are numbered via a plaque on the steering wheel
- Sunroof is standard
Volkswagen Press Release About The Fahrenheit GLI
2007 VOLKSWAGEN GLI FAHRENHEIT EDITION
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan, 2006 October 4 – Fahrenheit GLI introduces a splashy color to the GLI lineup ... with an exclusive Fahrenheit yellow exterior and
yellow trim and stitching in the interior. The manual transmission model is priced at $27,880 and the automatic at $28,955. The Fahrenheit GLI will also
only be available in 1,200 special edition models.
Each of these 1,200 models will come with a Fahrenheit badge and its unique limited edition number on a three-spoke perforated leather steering wheel,
adding to the car’s individuality. This special edition offers European sport tuned suspension; 18-inch “Charleston” alloy wheels; “Fahrenheit” badging;
heated leather sports seats; a sunroof; yellow interior trim; yellow stitching on the floor mats, [shift] boot, brake handle and steering wheel; and optional
Sirius Satellite Radio.
Note: The above text is an editted press release published by Volkswagen.